What is the aim this year?
The ISPA SuperTeachers Competition gives educators an opportunity to showcase their skills in using Information Communication Technologies (ICT) in their classrooms. All teachers participating in this year's competition must answer the following question:
"What topic in my subject curriculum (CAPS) will lend itself to the most amazing lesson, using all the technologies at me and my learners disposal" (from only 1 cellphone to laptops, desktops, tablets, learner cellphones, ipads, whiteboards, data projectors, apps, tools, robots, AI, VR…)?"
Who are eligible to enter?
All teachers currently teaching at schools throughout South Africa.
What will be required for entry?
Teachers will be taken through an online process of registration and creating an ICT enhanced lesson plan for submission. This lesson plan will have to be implemented with their learners before the June holidays, so planning is essential. To access the competition portal and support forums, you will need to have internet access.
Please note that this year no projects will be accepted and only lesson plans directly relating to a specific topic within a grade subject area will be accepted. There should be a special emphasis on the use of learner centered strategies.
This year we will only have two categories. All previous finalists are encouraged to enter for either one of the categories, depending on their school quintile status.
ISPA SuperTeacher Award
- This award encourages teachers from under resourced schools to start using ICT within their classrooms and in their lessons.
- Teachers at Quintile 1 to 3 schools (under resourced schools) are invited to enter.
- We are looking to identify a teacher who is going from zero to hero in using ICT in his or her classroom!
- Previous finalists and entrants may re-enter.
- Previous winners may not enter this category, even if they are in an under resourced school, but can enter into Category 2.
ISPA Tech Teacher Award
- This award is open to all educators at well resourced schools (Quintile 4 & 5 as well as private schools).
- Previous finalists (from all previous categories) and previous winners may re-enter.